I’m Ted Kessler, an up-and-coming UX/UI/Product Designer and 3D artist with programming experience and a background in healthcare technology from the Bay Area, CA. I recently finished a UX/UI Design certificate program and I’m looking to do some high-quality work for a great company. I found this Product Design Intern position with Lyra Health and I’m very excited about it because I am immensely passionate about healthcare, specifically mental health, and I am looking to make a big difference for the better in this realm.
Here is how I specifically align with your desired qualifications (taken from the job description):
- A recent 2022 graduate, or currently enrolled student working towards a degree with at least one year remaining to complete, in : Design, Computer Science (CS), Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field (Graduated with a B.S. in Digital Arts in 2015, and recently completed a UX/UI Design certificate program)
- Prior internship/work experience (paid UX project: Food Art with Kids)
- Familiarity with product design tools (Figma)
- Passion for learning about modern industry systems, cross platform design (mobile, web, desktop, etc) and bonus points for a desire to deepen knowledge on mental health care
- A resume and portfolio of mobile or web design work is required for consideration. It should include at least one design project that shows your product design capabilities, your involvement, and how you contributed to approaching the problem, opportunity, and solution
Below is a link to my most relevant UX/UI design project: Psychfinder, an app that helps patients find mental healthcare providers. I’m excited because this seems to align closely with your company’s work, and I chose the topic of mental healthcare for this project because it’s my desired career trajectory.
Underneath that are links to the other UX/UI design projects I’ve done during my UX/UI bootcamp course.
My other work may be of interest as well.