I’m Ted Kessler, an up-and-coming UX/UI/Product Designer and 3D artist with programming experience and a background in healthcare technology from the Bay Area, CA. I just finished a UX/UI Design certificate program and then moved from Austin, TX to Vancouver, WA. I found this Junior UX/UI Designer position with InteliChart and I’m excited about it because I’m passionate about healthcare and I’m looking to make a big difference for the better in this realm.
Here is how I specifically align with your posted qualifications (taken from the job description):
- A self-motivated individual interested in pursuing and growing a career as a UI/UX designer
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (BS in Digital Arts and UX/UI Design Certificate)
- Team player with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, using plain speak to communicate efficiently
- Solid understanding of the requisite web technologies for design HTML/CSS
- Proficiency with at least one or more design software tools (InVision, Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD) with a willingness to learn on standard toolsets (InVision & Sketch)
- Experience or familiarity working in an a highly iterative “agile” environment with the flexibility to engage in multiple activities efficiently
- Solid time management and organization skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an acute attention to detail
Personal Traits Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Culturally aware, including a high level of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff in a professional manner.
- Persuasive communicator, able to clearly and confidently articulate an opinion.
- Self-starter and a strong team player who is flexible with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Strong organizational, project management, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently, multi-task, and realign priorities as needed.
Below is a link to my most relevant UX/UI design project: Psychfinder, an app that helps patients find mental healthcare providers. I chose the topic of mental health for this project based on my empathy for a friend’s difficulty in booking a mental healthcare appointment, combined with my interest in healthcare.
Underneath that are links to the other UX/UI design projects I’ve done during my UX certificate course.
I also have some smaller projects posted on Dribbble.