I’m Ted Kessler, an up-and-coming UX/UI designer and 3D artist with programming experience and a background in healthcare technology from the Bay Area, CA. I just finished a UX/UI Design certificate program. I found this UX/UI Designer position with your company (Resilience Lab) and am very excited about it because I am immensely passionate about healthcare, specifically mental health, and I am looking to make a big difference for the better in this realm.
Here is how I specifically align with your desired qualifications (taken from the job description):
Skills and Competencies Desired:
- ✔ Health care or behavioral health experience desired (5.5 years experience in healthcare)
- ✔ Health tech / EMR understanding
- ✔ User design / user experience
- ✔ Strong team player who can collaborate effectively with different stakeholders
- ✔ Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- ✔ Strong attention to detail and have a keen eye for aesthetics
- ✔ Prior experience as a UI/UX Designer as well as a strong portfolio of related projects (this would be my first full-time UX job after my bootcamp class, but I’m a quick learner, and I believe my portfolio is strong)
- ✔ Proficiency in prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq, Marvel, etc. (I use Figma primarily)
- ✔ Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and can clearly articulate your ideas, designs, and suggestions
- ✔ Experience in start-ups and working on a fully-remote team a plus (helped my last company scale up from startup to nationally-recognized leader in noninvasive cardiac testing, remotely for 1+ year)
Nice to Have Experience:
- ✔ Experience working across different cultures and time zones
- ✔ Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
Below is my most relevant UX/UI design project: Psychfinder, an app that helps patients find mental healthcare providers. I’m excited because this seems to align closely with your company’s product.
Underneath are the other UX/UI design projects I’ve done during my bootcamp course.
My other work may be of interest as well.
Thanks for visiting! Please contact me with any questions.